Current Update as of March 07, 2004
Inspired by The Edgar Cayce Institute for Intuitive Studies
Edited by HENRY REED, Ph.D.
the years many scientists, once they've realized I'm a safe person to
talk to, have told me about unusual and transcendent experiences they've
today often occupy a social role of "high priests," telling
laypeople and each other what is and isn't "real," and, consequently,
what is and isn't valuable and sane.
my perspective as a psychologist, though, this prejudicial suppression
and rejection psychologically harms and distorts the transcendent (and
other) potentials of both scientists and non-scientists, and also inhibits
the development of a genuine scientific understanding of the full potentials
The Archives of Scientists' Transcendent Experiences (TASTE) site that I have opened is intended to help change this restricted and pathological climate through the operation of a World Wide Web site in journal form that allows scientists from all fields - from anthropology through botany through mathematics through physics through psychology through zoology, to name just a few - to share their personal, transcendent experiences in a safe, anonymous, but quality controlled space that many people have ready access to.
- Allows individual psychological growth in the contributing scientists by providing a safe means of expression of vital experiences;
- Leads toward a more receptive climate to the full range of our humanity in the scientific professions, which, in turn, will benefit our world culture at large;
- Provides research data on transcendent experiences in a highly articulate and conscientious population, scientists;
- Facilitates the development of a full spectrum science of consciousness by providing both data and psychological support for the study of transcendent experiences.
- Helps bridge the unfortunate gaps between science and the rest of culture by illustrating the humanity of scientists.
take a look at TASTE: the URL is
Here is one of the most recent reports added to the TASTE collection:
Dream Meeting of Dead Friend William
(pseudonym) has a Masters degree, when that was sufficient to begin in
a field of science, and is now a Director of a research and development
facility in Aerospace Engineering.
best friend, Mike, was in a car accident and for approx. a month was in
a coma. One night I dreamed that he came to my parent's house. The dream
was extremely vivid.
thing that struck me about this incident was that at the time, it did
not seem odd at all. It was simply a fact that Mike and I had talked prior
to his leaving.
Contributor's Comments on the Experience
never considered this a case of transcendental experience, in part because
it was so normal and natural.
Web Design by HENRY REED and MARIO HADAM. All Rights Reserved.