Current Update as of September 10, 2006
Inspired by The Edgar Cayce Institute for Intuitive Studies
Edited by HENRY REED, Ph.D.
the perspective of the Edgar Cayce readings, each of us is our own
best psychic. Whether the information comes from a hunch, an intuition,
our dreams, or synchronicity, each of us possesses a wealth of internal
guidance that can be drawn upon whenever we need it.
of this interest in psychic information, the A.R.E. has been working
with programs and materials that have helped individuals get in
touch with their own internal guidance.
we feature a professional psychic on one of our seminars or programs,
it is because the individual has demonstrated some measurable ability.
However, individuals on our programs are not being recommended by
the A.R.E. We have worked with individuals who are sincere, ethical,
and interested in being helpful to others.
are many precautions that need to be considered when working with
psychic information or a psychic. For those interested, extracts
from the Edgar Cayce readings on evaluating Psychic Talent
and Psychic Development: Benefits and Cautions are available
by searching on the topic of circulating files on our
of the most successful programs we offer enables individuals to
connect more successfully and safely with that psychic inner nature
that we all possess. This program, experienced through participation
in Search For God study groups, gives a practical approach to spiritual
growth and community through a series of twenty-four lessons first
outlined by Edgar Cayce.
those interested in discovering their past lives, we have developed
a number of quality publications and videos on remembering your
past lives and discovering your mission in life.
Before seeking a psychic reading
To get the most from a psychic reading, whether it is external (from a psychic, a numerologist, an astrologer, a guide, etc.) or internal (ones own dreams, inner guidance, visions, intuition, etc.), it will be extremely helpful to do a little preparation first. You will want to ask the best questions to elicit the clearest answers.
1. Why do I want this reading? Edgar Cayces own readings indicated that the purposes of those requesting a reading, as well as the purposes of the psychic in giving a reading and the purposes of those most directly concerned or surrounding both people, played crucial roles in the clarity and depth of the reading obtained.
What is my souls purpose? Ideal? Values? Again,
the ideals (motivation) and purposes of those directly concerned
and surrounding the psychic and the person requesting the reading
have an important impact on the quality of the reading.
3. Formulate the questions you want answered. There are some examples on the next couple of pages that may help you in wording questions in the areas you want answers. The time spent in working with the above two paragraphs will pay off in helping ask better questions -- and better questions mean better answers.
4. Be clear in your own mind whether youre looking for help to make your own decisions or whether youre unconsciously trying to shift the responsibility to someone you think may be wiser and with a better view into the future than yourself. Getting others perspectives is most helpful when it is used for making your own informed decisions.
Questions you should ask in a psychic reading
(Fictional names, dates, and places are used as examples only)
1. Souls purpose: Ask about the purpose you chose as a soul for the present lifetime. You can be open or more specific in the wording of your question. For example:
In order to fulfill my mission in life, what specifically should I be doing or working on in the next five years?
How can I best make use of my abilities in the context of my souls mission for this lifetime?
Your own past lifetimes. Many of us are curious about
previous incarnations, although others do not feel it is particularly
important to know of them nor feel ready right now to hear about
Describe those past-life experiences that most directly influence me in my current life.
Describe those past lives that relate to my present relationship with ______.
Please describe in detail those past-life experiences in which the knowledge will help me fulfill my souls purpose.
Understanding interpersonal relationships: Most people
want to inquire about at least one other person. You may want to
ask about reincarnational influences or you may prefer to focus
your questions on a specific issue.
In order to attain real forgiveness and peace, please give me that information I can now use constructively about past-life experiences with June Kay Majors (born 1/23/24 at 6:30 p.m. In St. Louis, Missouri).
My son Christopher James Irving (born 4/7/70 at 6:35 p.m. In Newark, N.J.) is very obstinate and disobedient. Please give that information which will help me understand the source of this problem, and how I can best deal with it in order to experience love and healing in our relationship.
How can I understand and best relate to Alex Townsend (born 8/9/50 in Ogden, Utah)?
Thomas Scott Ryder (born in Chicago, Illinois) was my roommate in college. After ten years of not seeing him, he has unexpectedly come into my life again as a possible business partner. What are the prospects of our being able to work well together, and what potential pitfalls in our relationship should I watch out for?
4. Health concerns: Not every psychic is able to answer health questions; but, if he or she can, it is often useful to ask. When you interpret and apply psychic guidance on health issues, be sure to use common sense and also the best advice possible from traditional medical sources. You might word your question like one of these examples:
Please go over my body and describe areas of weakness, imbalance, or illness. For each one, describe what I can best do to promote healing.
What is the cause -- physically, mentally, and spiritually -- of my digestive system problems?
What can I do to bring about healing and balance to my overall health?
5. Transforming a particular attitude or emotion: Psychic sources can sometimes provide important clues for dealing with a troublesome state of mind. For example, you might ask:
Ive always had trouble with losing my temper. What is the source of this and what can I do about it?
Lately I find myself plagued with irrational anxiety and insomnia. How can I understand the causes and what can I do about it?
6. The future: We are all curious about the future, and some psychics seem to have special sensitivities to certain kinds of questions about the future. Because of the key role played by our ideals and wills in shaping the future, you might want to include in your wording of the question a statement of ideal or intention. Here are examples:
My ideal is to be of service to God. With this in mind, can I expect that my present employer, the Ampex Corp., will be the place where I can fulfill that ideal in my work life, or should I be looking for another employer?
My husband and I are considering having another child. Should we? How will this new child affect our current family? Will it be a boy or a girl?
Recognizing your own psychic dreams
1. Notice a symbol in the dream that you would associate with psychic or spiritual elements (e.g., a spiritually developed person, a crystal ball, a church or temple, etc.).
Look for a dream character who is someone with whom you are trying to work out a waking-life problem. The action in the dream may be symbolic and need interpretation, but the person may be literal (i.e., speaking about that very relationship).
2. Look for a clue or cue that flags an ESP dream based on your previous experiences with dreams. For example, one person might find that dreams in vivid color always have an ESP component; another may find that dreams that include an airplane are always psychic. Each persons clues are somewhat different, and only by studying your dreams will you find yours.
3. Search for a psychic diagnosis of your own physical health. When a part of the body plays a key role in a dream, it may be a health diagnosis experience. Also, watch the setting. Psychic dreams about health often have as a setting one of the following: hospital, clinic, doctors office, bathroom (cleansing), kitchen or dining room (diet).
4. Notice dreams in which time, a clock or other timepiece plays an important part. Such dreams may often have at least one aspect that deals with the future or distant past.
Seek for clues about past-life influences. Occasionally we have
psychic dreams about forgotten past lifetimes. They may come in
vivid detail with costumes and settings from a different time and
6. Look for the presence of a light. The highest form of a psychic dream is a contact with the superconscious mind or the God within. The highest spiritual forces may be symbolized by a wisdom figure (wise old woman, Jesus, etc.) or often it is the presence of light in a dream. It may be a mysterious bright light in the distance, or the sun, or many other forms of light.
7. Examine current dreams. Not every recurrent dream is literally predictive of a future event, but one Cayce reading suggests that if we dream of something three or more times, we may well expect it to be psychic.
How to evaluate psychic information, both internal and external
1. Does it have a ring of truth for me? Confirmable facts? A feeling of rightness?
2. Does it give me applicable things to try to do? If so, what are the results when I do them? Do benefits result for me and all other people involved?
3. Does it call me to begin doing the best I know to be doing in my life?
4. Does it empower me to take charge of my own life -- giving me a personal next step -- rather than becoming dependent on the psychic source?
5. Does it leave me with a sense of hope about my life?
6. Does it speak my language? Do I feel as if the psychic information addressed me personally, using words, images, metaphors, and examples to which I can relate?
7. Let someone else look at the question and answer. What does a trusted friend have to say about the information?
8. Does it answer unasked questions, which lie within me?
9. Does it stretch me to new, unconsidered aspects of myself and of my life?
10. Does it seem to get better with time? When I look back at it six months or a year later, has my evaluation of the reading become even higher?
List of professional psychics
following professional intuitives are individuals who have participated
in our conference programs and whose readings have been helpful
to attendees. Many of them are able to do readings at a distance,
over the phone or, through the mail.
For more information on the A.R.E.
For more information on the A.R.E. call (800) 333-4499 or visit our website at www.edgarcayce.org.
List of Professional Psychics
Web Design by HENRY REED and MARIO HADAM. All Rights Reserved.